Ringing in 2018 with an Instant (Adventure) Pot

I am super scared of the Instant Pot. I can't exactly tell you why. I pressure can in the summer and have no fear but the Instant Pot, that makes me raise my eye brows.

Is it really so scary? I'm diving in to find out.

We were blessed with five spent hens.


My hero. My farm boy and chicken catcher.
 
I am kind of a meat snob. Ignorance is bliss for me when it comes to my meat. I don't want to know anything about it or it's prior life.

Yuck.

Ick.

I'm vomiting in my mouth now.

Well I can tell you with certainty that I know these poor gals I am preparing for supper worked hard. They gave us a lot of good eggs.



Good layers equal what? They equal strong muscles and weird textured meat.

Yuck.

Ick.

Vomiting again.

I digress. Focus. So we have these hard working girls with crazy muscles that need eaten up. That's the conundrum.

After a lot of research, I found the best way to tenderly cook the hens was the Instant Pot.

Oh wait! I'm scared of it!

Never fear, Andy is home. I guess my thought process was one of two things.
  1. It'll be safe and easy with both of our brains working together.
  2. If we blow up the house, at least we go together! Eek.
So here is our journey of pulling out the SCARY Instant Pot and how it turned out.

 
We have all our supplies scattered and gathered and the instructions semi-read.
 
 
Andy's nervous and we've made sure to read all the warnings and safeguards.
 


Coulson is wondering what mama is pulling now.
 


We added the whole chicken in frozen, added two cups of water  and turned the Instant Pot on the manual setting for 30 minutes.

And it's done.

Let's begin with assessing the Instant Pot.

It cooked it and well! Andy said it was the best spent hen he'd eaten.

From start to finish, frozen to cooked, it took about 45 minutes. Not bad!

Now assessing the chicken. Let's just say we ended up having tacos for dinner. I really should become a vegetarian!

I'd call that a win!

Until next post. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment