Not Normal

My mama often tells a story of when I was younger. She'd ask me "Can't you find anyone normal to be your friend?"

I would ponder that question and answer "We aren't normal mom."

This week has been quiet on the blog. I've been cocooning and reeling from hard situations people I love are facing.

The question my mama asked me all those years ago comes back to mind.

See, I have this funny notion that every marriage, every life is a lot like mine. Every wife has a doting husband. Sure there are the bickerments but life is good.

Every now and again, a situation comes up and I am reminded that I once again am not the normal.

Being married for 12 years just a little into my thirties is not normal. By statistics, I should at the very least be unhappy if not divorced.

Here I sit, writing this and sometimes days are hard. Andy and I face a multitude of challenges but we are madly in love. I know of his devotion to me and he knows of mine to him.

Honestly, that makes us weird.

Society is blasting us on each side. Infidelity is glorified. Divorce is celebrated. It's entertaining.

What they don't show in that show you're watching is the destruction and pain that goes along with it.

We are taught to "follow our heart" instead of doing what's right.

It's heart breaking.

This morning I am praying for the marriages of my family, of my friends and of my kids' futures.

Satan is on attack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment