Anxiety

Ever had the feeling that God is trying to get something through your thick skull and if you don't start paying attention, He is just going to knock you out with it?

I have that crazy notion.

It seems like everywhere I am, someone or something is discussing anxiety and contentment.

My women's study group is doing a book.

My quiet Bible reading time is addressing it.

A girlfriend is talking about it.

The MONEY SAVING book you are reading brings it up.

Wow...

And more humbling (full out vulnerability here...), the doctor brings up that you may be struggling with late onset PPD that is magnifying anxiety.

Here are a few findings I would like to share...

In Max Lucado's book Anxious For Nothing, he shares -

Anxiety and fear are cousins but not twins. Fear sees a threat. Anxiety imagines one. 
Fear screams Get out! Anxiety ponders What if? Fear results in fight or flight. Anxiety creates doom and gloom. Fear is the pulse that pounds when you see a coiled rattlesnake in your front yard. Anxiety is the voice that tells you, Never, ever, for the rest of your life, walk barefooted through the grass. There might be a snake…somewhere.

 I struggle a lot with anxiety and worry.

Is worry a sin?

Not necessarily.

But it is for me...

My worry is disbelief that God is going to take care of everything. It drives me further from Him. My anxiety is disbelief that He already knows and has it handled.

Today I want to leave you with a verse that has been carrying me through crazy times lately. It's a simple one to remember and I urge you to do so...

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still." - Exodus 14:14

There is a lot to be anxious about in the world we are living. Instead of letting anxiety rule our lives, let's hand those anxieties to the one that can truly handle them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment